Financial Services Startup Serving Asset and Investment Management Companies
Right now, in the Financial Services galaxy, Asset and Investment Management companies are in a competitive battle like never before. In a post-pandemic world and unrelenting competition previously unseen, deal teams and investor relationship leaders are looking for competitive weapons to drive new growth opportunities and ways to stay closer to their current customers. But how can leadership create new competitive initiatives in an environment of disparate and manually driven systems?
Just at the right time, our client has developed an automated workflow solution to bring investment management firms closer to their customers while automating workflows to collaborate and synchronize disparate systems they now struggle to use in their demanding day-to-day work environment.
Our client is empowering financial services companies across all sectors with collaborative workflow solutions that drive personalized customer engagement and lifetime value. Serving over 150 clients, 25 of the top 50 Alternative Asset Managers, and over $3.5 trillion of assets, we are the only solution that integrates deal flow management, fundraising, reporting, and investor services into one cloud-native platform. Our client just raised $30M in venture funding, and we are looking to scale our go-to-market team across North America.
We are looking for an extraordinary marketing and company leader with the vision and practical experience to build a large software business for our client. If you are the type of individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are developing and executing go-to-market strategies, leading and mentoring a high-performing marketing team, and collaborating cross-functionally with every area of the organization, then this is the ideal opportunity for you. We are a "no-ego" collaborative culture based in Menlo Park, California.
Recognizing this person's impact on the company, our client is offering an attractive compensation package consisting of a $280 - 350k+ salary based on seniority, plus excellent stock options and benefits.
- Develop an overarching marketing strategy to increase top-of-the-funnel lead-gen across the various marketing and go-to-market activities such as a) business development, b) digital marketing, c) account-based marketing, d) events, e) our client's network/virtual community, f) product marketing.
- Create and drive the strategy to build awareness within our total addressable market.
- Establish a high-performing and metric-focused marketing team focused on: a) Generation of as many marketing qualified leads (MQLs) as possible and b) Best-in-class conversation from MQL to sales accepted leads (SALs) and c) creative ways to boost MQL generation as well as SAL conversion.
- Increase the use and effectiveness of marketing automation tools and platforms such as Salesforce, Marketo, 6Sense, Google Analytics, etc.; bring expert knowledge of market trends in digital marketing technology to our client.
- Develop and execute a global short- and long-term go-to-market strategy designed to scale with double-digit annual growth in revenue and beyond.
- Lead all marketing functions both operationally and in innovative processes
- Develop best-in-class (digital) assets and campaigns for digital marketing, account-based marketing, and product marketing.
- Oversee the public relations and analyst relation functions, build strong relationships with the global industry press and relevant industry analysts, and evangelize our client's story.
- Innovate in every aspect of marketing: build on the establishment of the client's virtual global community.
- Grow our client's brand globally in line with the company's core values and aspirational goals.
- 10+ years of progressive experience developing and executing a creative brand/global marketing strategy, with success within the Financial Services SaaS industry
- 10+ years of experience in B2B demand-gen marketing at well-recognized brands in enterprise software, with a widespread knowledge of digital and account-based marketing in Financial Services markets
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership function, building and managing a global marketing organization with a superior ability to recruit, retain, and motivate existing and future talent
- A solid understanding of Capital Market Companies and their operations, workflow automation, digital analytics/digital transformation
- Domain in marketing automation and related software (i.e., tools like Salesforce, Marketo, 6Sense, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Strong expertise in virtual - online community building and virtual events
- Experience scaling a global marketing function departmentally or in an early-to-later-stage startup
- Low on ego, high on interest to contribute to the benefit of your peers
- Bachelor's degree or Master's/MBA desired, paired with a high level of intellectual curiosity
Our client is an equal-opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.